Having a ridge vent installed on your roof will come with huge benefits. For starters, you will be in a position to enjoy fresh air in your home especially if you are living in hot or humid areas. Most home owners have been relying on ridge vents to assist in circulating fresh air inside their homes. Amazingly, these roofing structures are considered to be long lasting solutions especially if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on air conditioners.
Ridge vents are designed to have a built-in system that features an internal weather filter, external baffles, and an under-eave venting. You can rest assured of the best venting results especially because of the integrated system. In case you are looking to improve your home with the best ridge-vent, this write up will review three high quality vents that are very affordable.
Top 3 Best Selling Ridge Vent Reviews
GAF Cobra3 Ridge Vent
GAF is a reputable brand in the roofing industry and their product line does not disappoint. In fact, the GAF Cobra3 is rated as the best ridge vent for the money. So, if you’ve been struggling to live in your house because of too much heat, the Cobra ridge vent is the most viable solution especially if you don’t want to use air conditioners.
This rigid-style vent comes with 3 inches ring shank nails that are so effective when it comes to getting rid of moisture and excess heat from your attic. The good thing with this product is that it is compatible with 10 or 12 inches ridge cap shingles.
Features and Specifications:
- It offers 18 square inches per linear foot of free ventilating area
- It has a special EasyTear sizing feature which allows home owners to hand tear the product in 7.6 centimeter increments.
- Comes with 3 inch ring shank nails
- Should be installed using hand nails
- Features a polypropylene construction thus making it flexible
- This ridge vent allows moisture and heat to escape easily
- It is very durable
- This ridge vent comes with external baffles which deflect rain and wind
- You will get a lifetime limited warranty if the ridge-vent is installed on shingle roofs
- Installation is straightforward and does not require any technical skills
- It can be installed on 3:12 to 16:12 sloped roofs especially because of its flexible hinge design
- Can be torn without the help of a knife
- It is crush resistant and energy efficient
- Honestly, I haven’t experienced any issues with the GAF Cobra3 Ridge Vent
GAF Materials 2005 Cobra Ridge Vent
If you really want a high quality vent that will serve you for years to come, the GAF Cobra Exhaust Vent is one of the best options. This models is quite popular with home owners, which means that the vent does what it claims to do. According to the company, the Exhaust vent is made using of 100% recycled fiber.
This implies that the material is friendly to the environment. Most people have praised this product for its effectiveness in allowing both heat and moisture to escape the attic. This vent is ideal if you are looking for something that will prevent debris from being blown into your house. Besides, it will allow fresh air to flow even during hot days. Below are some of the features of the Exhaust Ridge Vent:
Features and Specifications:
- The 2005 Cobra Exhaust vent comes in dimensions of 20 feet by 10.5 inches by 1 inch
- It is made using recycled fiber and it is black in color
- Allows good air flow during hot days
- The package comes with smart nails for hand nailing and 1.75 inches coil nails if you prefer using nail guns
- It is super flexible
- It is compatible with traditional size ridge cap shingles
- It limits mold growth
- Works well in areas where snow accumulates quickly
- It is pretty easy to install and most importantly it does not crack during the process
- It does not turn brittle or rust
- Prevents rats, insects, and bats from accessing your house via the roof
- There are no drawbacks of using the GAF Cobra Exhaust Ridge Vent
QUARRIX BUILDING PRODUCTS 58784 Shingle Ridge Vent
The Quarrix shingle ridge vent is for those guys who are looking for a high quality brand other than the GAF Cobra. As you well know, it is imperative to be careful especially when purchasing roofing accessories. Do not settle for any brand just because you want to be unique.
This is why I am recommending the Quarrix ridge vent because it provides solid performance than other brands. The package comes with a 20 foot roll of the ridge vent. I am sure this is large enough considering the price of the product is affordable. Let’s see what the Quarrix Rigid Roll has to offer
Features and Specifications:
- Quarrix is a low profile ridge vent
- Provides awesome ventilation and at the same time keeping out snow and rain
- It is designed to draw fresh air from soffit vents as well as exhausting unwanted hot air via the ridge line
- It is made from high-density polyethylene, a very durable material
- Features a patented storm stop technology which helps to keep out any snow, rain and dust that is being blown by the wind
- It is backed with a lifetime manufacturer warranty
- It keeps insects, rats, and harsh weather elements away from the roof ridge
- It is pretty great in terms of ventilation
- Does not crack or expand
- It is low profile meaning it cannot be seen easily
- It is easy to install
- Does not have any drawbacks
Buying a good ridge vent for your roof will no longer be a daunting task especially now that you have three good options to choose from. I am pretty sure there are so many ridge vents that are available in the market. However, it is advisable to buy product that are manufactured by reliable companies. The Products I have reviewed have worked for most home owners and they are still relying on them to improve air conditioning. Pick the one that suits your needs and use it to replace your old system.