Are you sick of that old garbage disposal jamming up on you all the time? Tired of waiting forever for water to go down the sink’s drain? Then now is the best time to shop around for a reasonably priced garbage disposal. To that end, you will want a unit that will last for years to come. The disposal will also need some practical features to make it worth your money. You therefore, will want to check into the InSinkErator Evolution Excel is an upper level, continuous feed garbage disposer. This 1 hp Dura-Drive motor serves up plenty of grinding power, so you will have no trouble pulverizing food waste. Additional highlights include:
- SoundSeal® antivibration and insulated features for noise reduction.
- Stainless steel parts to ensure product longevity.
- Multigrain features for dealing with all food waste quickly
The InSinkErator has a design that seems quite a bit larger than some of its space saving alternatives. The unit weighs 26 pounds. It has a stainless steel finish, and it measures 14” by 11” x 14”. The sink has a Quick Lock sink mount for ease of installation. The sink baffle helps to minimize vibration when you are using the unit. The disposer comes with an anti-vibration tailpipe as well, and the unit is sold with a Jam Buster Wrench so you can clear out any jams quickly.
Size & Power / Noise
With the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP has a motor that is insulated. With the insulation included, you are getting a disposal that is extremely quiet when it operates. You can hold an average conversation with someone else and still hear the person you are the conversion with when this machine is running. The sink baffle muffles vibrations that might otherwise escape from the throat of the garbage disposer. The sink mount also has anti-vibration features so the unit is as quiet as it can be.
Feed & Grinder
The Evolution Excel is a tri-action impeller system meaning it has three stages of grind. The stages allow food waste to be pulverized and liquefied before passing it down the drain and into your septic system. The tri-grind action also makes it extremely easy for the unit to grind up tough food. The unit even has a jam sensor that will intensify the torque the unit produces to clear any jams.
Pros of the Garbage Disposal
You’ll get plenty of advantages from the L-8000, including all of the following perks:
- The induction motor in the unit leads to the impressive grinding power.
- Quick Lock sink mount feature lets you twist off the old unit and twist on the new garbage disposal. This feature lets you swap the Evolution Excel with any Badger garbage disposer.
- Having a disposer installed is just convenient: This is particularly true when cooking in the kitchen and looking to clean as you go along.
Cons Associated with the Unit
There are a few disadvantages you will find with the L-8000 too, including:
- You might find the mid-entry level price too pricey.
- The installation may not go smoothly, especially if you are unfamiliar with plumbing.
- Eventually, over the course of time, if you continuously grind up fatty foods, it can clog the pipes. The “S” shaped pipe under your kitchen sink may require cleaning or replacement to remedy the clog.
- You may have to treat the unit for odor issues. A simple solution is to add a bit of baking soda, some orange peel, and some lemon peel regularly to remedy odor issues.
- You have to run water when grinding food waste with the garbage disposal. Every minute you are wasting about two gallons of water.
Do’s / Don’ts
- Read the manual before installation.
- When in doubt, do nothing: Get a hold of a professional to install the unit for you instead.
- Gather up all the tools you will need for the installation.
- Invest in some plumber’s putty or tape so you can ensure there are no leaks coming from the unit.
- Do not stick your hand in the unit to remove a jam or to clean the unit.
- Items you should not put into the disposer include nutshells, cigarette butts, vegetable stems that are hard, banana peels, shrimp or seafood seashells, and onion peels. Stringy veggies should also be avoided, including bok choy, collard greens, and cornhusks.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel, with its powerful multi-grind features, can grind up lots of different kinds of food waste. The addition of this unit in your kitchen gives you the added convenience of having an easy way to control biodegradable food waste. The mid-level price may deter you from buying the Evolution Excel, but the powerful motor and noise reduction features make this garbage disposal an exceptional and dependable choice for your home. Read on for more information about some of the top garbage disposals on the market. We hope you find our InSinkErator Evolution Excel Garbage Disposer review useful.